Behalve het bekende DACE Prijzenboekje (DACE Price Booklet) verzorgt DACE ook andere uitgaven, zoals DACE Normtijden (Labour Norms).
Deze kunnen online besteld worden: Publicaties > Online bestellijst.
DACE Normtijden - Labour norms
DACE zusterclub NAP lanceert vernieuwend boek over project management
Op 20 november jl. heeft Stichting NAP het boek “Management of Engineering Projects – People are Key” gelanceerd.
Klik hier voor de flyer.
Engineering projects are most definitely not always successful. Projects fail by spectacular numbers. So the management of engineering projects is a challenging task. For this book a group of professionals has worked together to share and present their experiences. They closely followed the project management cycle to introduce the basic principles of project management for projects with an engineering signature.
This book applies to the management of both private and public capital investment projects:
What makes this book unique is expressed by the subtitle and what it stands for. The management of projects is all about people: People are key! Knowledge, experience, tools and processes are necessary to successfully deliver a project, but are not sufficient. The people who populate the project teams make the difference. Above all, success has shown to be firmly based on the way the people in the project team are joining hands within the team.
As a second line of approach in this book the importance of stakeholder management is emphasized and illustrated. Early involvement of all key stakeholders is essential for success. In the chapter on Opportunity Framing it is shown how the support for your project can be broadened and the commitment can be enlarged.
A third line that is followed throughout the book is to make sure that the chosen approach to manage and control the project is fit for purpose. It means not overdoing and not underdoing it; preferably by scaling rather than by adding or skipping.
The book is based on a reader that was developed for a master course on management of engineering projects at the Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands. Over the years some of the authors presented guest lectures in this course. Next to an audience of students, the book is recommended as a refresher for people working in the industry or other members of the project management skill pool. Furthermore it presents a different perspective to people used to non- engineering projects.
Successful delivery of engineering projects is the ambition. With a focus on people in your team, on stakeholder involvement and scaling your approach to fit-for-purpose, the ambition can be achieved. It is up to the reader to make this happen, to put theory into practice.
De review is tevens op de website van IPMA geplaatst:http://ipma.ch/education/recommended-literature/
- Foreword, by Koen Bogers
- List of figures
- List of tables
- Preface, by Hans Bakker and Jaap de Kleijn
- Chapter 1 _ Introduction, by Hans Bakker
- Chapter 2 _ Project portfolio management and project selection, by Herman Mooi and Sergey Filippov
- Chapter 3 _ The project manager, by Hans Wierda
- Chapter 4 _ Building and leading the team, by Chantal Savelsbergh and Peter Storm
Setting the scene
- Chapter 5 _ Value and project assurance, by Guus Kessler
- Chapter 6 _ Opportunity framing, by Marcel Hertogh
Management of engineering projects
- Chapter 7 _ Front-end development, by Marian Bosch-Rekveldt
- Chapter 8 _ Project risk management, by Roald Arkesteijn and Herman Mooi
Time and money
- Chapter 9 _ Contracting, by Kees Berends
- Chapter 10 _ Project monitoring and control, by Maurits Gerver
- Chapter 11 _ Economic project evaluation, by Jan Wagenmakers
People at work
- Chapter 12 _ Construction, by Wim Berendsen
- Chapter 13 _ Operational readiness, commissioning, and start-up, by Bert Christoffels
- Chapter 14 _ Trends and challenges, by Hans Bakker
- List of acronyms
*Alle prijzen zijn excl. 6% BTW en excl. verzendkosten
Voor de verzendkosten vraag het bureau.
- 35 tabellen
Voor de flyer klik hier